What are The Types of Thyroid Cancer ?

what are the types of thyroid cancer
what are the types of thyroid cancer via endocrineweb.com


Hi I'm gonna do a hopefully not too long article about my thyroid cancer I just recently had my thyroid removed because I had papillary thyroid cancer which is the most common kind

thankfully because it's easily treatable it stays in the thyroid usually and they just have to

remove your thyroid and then you should be good to go so of all the cancers you can get I

guess I was one of the lucky ones I guess the unlucky but um so to start oh I um it was

December 2012 I noticed a lump in my neck and if you look back on other videos that I have

from forever ago you tend to see that I had like a lump on my neck so I went and got it

looked at ultrasound I don't also sound down and I had multiple cysts on my thyroid and if a

cyst is over a centimeter then they can do a biopsy on it so I had one that was large enough so

they did a biopsy on that one and that one came back benign the biopsy they it's uh they put a

needle in there they numb it then they take out some fluid and tissue and that sounds

gruesome but it like it doesn't hurt so it's not that big of a deal so they did that came back

behind always well you um if it's benign great you just need to go back and get ultrasounds done

 in the future to make sure that the size of the other ones are in check or you know whatever

 so that was benign so my second ultrasound was October of 2013 and that one came back

there was another one that was just large enough to check so they one did a biopsy that one

that one came back no one came back bad I guess so it was November 25th the day after my

 birthday great great news so I found out that my endocrinologist she actually told me that it

 was cancer and then she sent me to see my surgeon and I was going to have a total

thyroidectomy because I had cysts on both sides so he told me that um you can't tell for sure

if it's cancer until you get it taken out off to the lab so odd that she told me in cancer so had

my surgery they shipped it off to the to the lab I had a full thyroidectomy so afterwards your

parathyroid glands you have four of them and when they take your thigh right now it takes

they the parathyroid glands will shut off and this happens to everybody and they control your

 calcium magnesium a couple other things so you have to be in the hospital overnight because

of that because the hold the incision wise is not really a big deal it's not recovery time it doesn't really hurt I had a slice or throw whatever it hurt a lives a little tender but they give

you stuff for that so it was that was fine but um my calcium did not want to come back up so I

 was one of the weird ones so this could happen to you I was in the hospital for four days

three nights just waiting getting my blood work done getting calcium through my IV waiting

 for it to get back to normal so finally it came back to normal because the odds of them

completely screwing up and taking out all your parathyroid glands and leaving you unable to

regulate calcium is very very very very very rare because you only need one of them out of

four to work to be fine so yeah it just took longer for me for some weird reason so

immediately afterward you should be put on your synthroid which is your synthetic hormone

what you're gonna need to be on the rest of your life but they didn't do that for me so I went a

month without being on synthroid I just got on synthroid a three days ago so um yeah but

anyway my lab came back and it was papillary thyroid cancer and it was in three of my tumors

three out of the I think seven I had had you know cancer in them so when you have cancer if

they feel that it wasn't enough of the tissue or if it spread elsewhere into like lymph nodes

around which they sometimes take out lymph nodes around - they didn't take any lymph

nodes out for me so if it's in enough of the tissue they will give you it's called radioactive

iodine and I haven't had this done yet but I'm getting it done I'm taking on the 12th so but

immediately afterward you want to get on your synthroid and they didn't do that for me I got on it just a couple days ago and I started to feel sluggish a couple days ago it took about a

month for my residual you still have hormone in your body so it took about a month for me

to start to feel groggy and sort of crappy hypo slow thyroid or no I heard now but yeah so I

started to feel crappy so I got on my synthroid I am on a hundred and twelve I think but um

it's gonna take probably a month for the levels to come back off for me to feel perfectly

but yeah and then I will go over the radio active iodine more after I actually do it but from

what I understand it targets thyroid tissue and any cancer that could have been spread

elsewhere because it's thyroid based and it your thyroid will soak that up and it kills it because

it's radioactive but you will then be radioactive for for me it's three days I'm gonna take a

hundred milligrams or mcg of radioactive iodine I take the pill and I get to go home I don't

 have to stay in as far as I know it's not a painful process so all will be well it's sort of just just

to make sure and then afterwards they do a body scan just to check up and see if any was
absorbed but yeah you should be fine so incision wise I don't feel like I talked about that

enough my drain was right here I had it drained for three days stitches I didn't have actual

stitches I had the dissolvable kind that they put underneath and yeah healed up fine I mean I

didn't talk much about the incision and stuff and it didn't really hurt didn't really bother me so

I saw a bunch of pictures that um six months to a year afterward you could barely see it and a

woman in the hospital my nurse had done to and she had to point out that she had it done so

yeah cancer scary but this of all the cancers isn't that scary but still it's serious so take it

serious and get yourself checked out if you have a lump on your neck okay. Next Rare Form of Thyroid Cancer

Tag:
5 types of thyroid cancer, types of thyroid cancer and symptoms, thyroid cancer stages, thyroid cancer causes, thyroid cancer types prognosis, what is stage 4 thyroid cancer, types of thyroid cancer papillary, stage 4 thyroid cancer life expectancy
source: youtube.com

Ads above the article

Ads in the middle of article 1

Ads in the middle of article 2

Ads below the article