Type of Blood Test for Cancer

type of blood test for cancer
blood test for cancer via nationalpost.com


This is the third time have been to the summer school and in each case I've given a presentation on blood-borne biomarkers with a view to obviously educating the students and

the pawl stocks who are coming to this meeting and I find it's very useful for me because I get

to see young people who are making their career through science and also the opportunity to

possibly bring people in into the lab in Manchester if if what I describe appeals to them well

they spoke about were picking up clues about cancer from a simple blood test from a cancer

patient and what we actually do is we take apart the cells and the non cellular part of blood

and look at the DNA in the cells that we enrich and we enrich for tumor cells using markers

that are only found on tumor cells and we also look at the cell-free component of blood and

extract all of the DNA and then both of those we look at DNA sequences that tell us how

whether the tumor is detectable and if it is detectable what mutations can we pick up and are

those mutations sufficiently informative to help us work out better therapies for the patients

well I think it's got a very good basis of invited speakers that's not because of me but because

the other people who are part of this course and it's very well balanced so it it does a very

good spread from the actual practical clinical side of things the epidemiology people who are

 involved in cancer all the way through the process from research to clinic and back again yes

 I mean we we collaborate and communicate the collaboration is largely communication and

we communicate methodologies and findings to a large number of the people who attend the

same conference and actually we have for some of those people we actually share grants so we

 actually take part in a European Union grant with some of the cool attendees of this meeting

 well I think education and cancer go hand in hand and we've got to do this type of summer school and we've I think it's very very important for the young people who are coming

through the cancer research area to get a view of all aspects of cancer research and for me

because I'm getting older now what I'm trying to do is to link what I do as research as much as

Related: Types of Blood Cancer Myeloma

 I can to the clinic to maximize our likelihood that what I'm doing having a benefit to the

cancer patients and I think more and more people are well more and more researchers are

doing that but still plenty of room for the basic research but what you get a feel for in this

conference is how you could translate what you see into something that could potentially benefit patients.

Tag:
blood test for cancer markers, can a blood test detect cancer in the body, if my blood tests are normal can i have cancer, what types of cancer can a cbc detect?, does cancer show up in routine blood work, does normal blood work mean no cancer, what can be found in a blood test?, how to test for cancer at home
source: youtube.com

Ads above the article

Ads in the middle of article 1

Ads in the middle of article 2

Ads below the article